INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Telmex Voice Messaging

2 posters

Go down

Telmex Voice Messaging Empty Telmex Voice Messaging

Post by Ezzie Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:42 am

Can someone please provide the procedure to retrieve, listen to and then erase voice messages on the Telmex system?

I have one of their standard issue phones (BTG-102) and the light is flashing that indicated there are unretrieved messages. I have been unable to figure out how to retrieve them. The booklet that comes with the phone doesn't explain it. Pressing the "Buzon de Voz" key only provides the options of listening to and changing your personal greeting from what my limited Spanish seems to indicate.

Are their any English translations of the Telmex system procedures?

Ezzie
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Aka "El Grillo"

Back to top Go down

Telmex Voice Messaging Empty Re: Telmex Voice Messaging

Post by Ezzie Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:41 am

Further information:

Pressing the "Buzon de Voz" (Voicemail) key results in the phone automatically dialing 3 digits (display shows a wierd character followed by the digits 86).  A sexy sounding auto attendant comes on and gives 2 options - press "3" for Personal Options" or "0" for something sounds like "marque uda"???  Pressing "0" leads to more options such as setting a password (I think) but she speaks so fast I can't quite pick it out.

A "step-by-step" in English of the procedure would be most helpful if anyone has it.

Ezzie
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:55 am

Pick up the phone, press *86 and will get you into the system, then just follow the prompts.

The very first thing you'll hear is a message whether or not you have messages (Mensajes). If you don't, you will then be sent to the main menu.

3->personal options (record your greeting, enter or change your password)
0->Help ("ayuda"), with various options

It works just like the voicemail systems in the old country. Not sure you can trust the blinking light on your phone. Our message light is always blinking, whether we have a message or not.

I don't have time to write everything out in English. Maybe someone else does. But really, you'll be better served in the long run by learning how to deal with the Spanish prompts. Good luck.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezzie Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:18 am

OK, thanks for that. My light is "blinking" and the display on the phone indicates I have 30 unheard messages (llamadas nuevas) waiting. Friends who have called tell me they get a "mailbox is full" when they try to leave a message. When I dial *86, the response I get is "usted no tiena messages" and it goes straight to the menu prompts.

Sounds like a trip to Telmex Customer Service is in order.

Ezzie
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:32 am

Is this a "new for you" telephone #? Sounds like maybe the mailbox is full and you need to have someone empty it for you so you can start with a clean slate.

Before heading to the office, you could try calling Telmex. They have English speaking help. They can probably empty it from there. 01-800-123-0000, but there again, you're going to come up to an automated system in Spanish before hearing your options. First you'll get a welcome message, then you'll be forced to listen to a commercial from a breathless woman--just ignore the whole thing, then you'll be returned to the less breathless voice and you'll be asked if you're calling from the phone line you need help with.

Press 1 if you're calling from the phone number itself that you need help with.
Then press 4 for "Asistencia tecnica". When someone picks up, ask for an English speaker. 4 This is actually labeled as tech assistance for the internet, but once you have a human on the line, they may be able to help you.

On the other hand, a trip to the office might be easier!
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down