INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gas Delivery Lakeside Caution

4 posters

Go down

Gas Delivery Lakeside Caution Empty Gas Delivery Lakeside Caution

Post by Gaetano2 Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:15 pm

Today I ordered Gas from Los Altos.

I read an earlier post where it stated these guys were honest and on time.
Javier’s son answered and said they were on their way.
However when they arrived and I being In a new apartment, I showed the “filler” onto the roof where the tank was and he connected the hose.
By the time I went down to the truck the “driver” was standing at the back of the truck in front of the meter already filling my tank.
When he finished I gave him my 400 pesos I had ordered and he gave me the receipt for 395.45 pesos/ 55 liters at 7.19 pesos a liter. Ok
I went to the roof and checked the 180 L tank (which was almost empty when they arrived) and which was reading now 13% or by my calculations 32.4 liters or
22.6 liters and 162.50 pesos short of what I had ordered.
I called the toll free number on the receipt and the representative gave me another number to call which was not local.
Anyhow when I called that number that representative said they would send them back to fill what they owed me and could give me no reasonable explanation of why I was shorted other than sometimes "the gas goes back into the hose". The hose holds up to thirty liters and if it is empty or "emptied" before they arrive ( a common practice) you end up paying them to fill their hose.
They came back and now filled the tank to 29%. So now I was only around 2.8 liters or 20 pesos short.

I gave up.

Moral of the story. Don't trust anyone or anything you read. Watch them when you can and make your calculations.

Gaetano2

Back to top Go down

Gas Delivery Lakeside Caution Empty Re: Gas Delivery Lakeside Caution

Post by bman2 Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:51 pm

I use Gas Butep, they speak English and have been reliable so far, Jose Ramirez 0453310239609. I stand by the truck while the fill-up is happening and get a printed receipt from a machine in the truck. I know Canuck Bob has a good guy as well, maybe ask him too.
bman2
bman2

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:09 pm

I use Sonic Gas. The guy will occasionally (but not always...jaja) give you a 10% discount if you order more than 250 liters at a time.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:36 am

To be fair lp gauges vary in accuracy so unless you weigh the tank and subtract the weight of the tank which is on the tank and device by the weight of a liter of gas you really dont know much accuracy wise. I would bet the gauges vary by 5 to 10%. Not arguing just saying one should think about this.
Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down