INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aguamilpa & San Blas fishing report

+3
SunFan
Jim W
CanuckBob
7 posters

Go down

Aguamilpa & San Blas fishing report Empty Aguamilpa & San Blas fishing report

Post by CanuckBob Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:45 pm

We just returned from fishing at Aguamilpa and San Blas.

Aguamilpa was much slower than usual (maybe 15 fish per boat, per day). The water is still high and has cleared up a lot since December. Biggest fish caught was around 3 - 4 lbs. Both crank baits and worms were being used successfully.

San Blas wasn't much better. The locals were saying the Dorado fishing was very slow and they were correct. We were catching mainly Crevalle Jack's (about 20 in total between two boats). I think one Sierra and one Pompado (sp) were also caught. We stayed at a place called Bungalows Connie which was a great place albeit a distance from the beach. They had a nice pool and air conditioning. Their rate was 600 pesos per room, per night. Highly recommended. We chartered two panga's for 6 hours. They were $2000 pesos each and can accommodate 4 fisherman ($500 pesos each). The price was definitely right.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Aguamilpa & San Blas fishing report Empty Re: Aguamilpa & San Blas fishing report

Post by Jim W Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:45 pm

Bob, a great day of fishing coupled with a bad day of catching is still a great trip when spending time with good people!  Beer Beer Beer 
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Aguamilpa & San Blas fishing report Empty Re: Aguamilpa & San Blas fishing report

Post by SunFan Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:20 pm

Agua Milpa: 15 Bass over two days for me but only 3 you might want to take home (> 3 lbs.). Normally I'd expect 20 to 30 fish per day with most in the 2  to 4 lb. class

San Blass: In one day, out about 15 kms, three of us caught 9 Bull (Torro) fish (not very good eating), a Mackerel, a Bonita and a Pompano (SP). Water was amazingly calm. San Blass was a fun little town.

Great little (4 rooms) hotel at Connie Bungalows in San Blass - newly refurbished, immaculate, kitchenette, pool, patio, off street parking, amiable host Tomas.

Like any good golfer, despite fishing disappointments, I'll probably  be out there again flailing away.

Now if only I could find that picture of Pedro with the twelve, 9 pound large mouth Bass he told us he caught!!!

SunFan
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None....no I'm joking.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:31 am

here's one of 'em sunfan-SNORK!
Aguamilpa & San Blas fishing report Aguami11
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pescador Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:55 am

Thanks for the report guys. Here's the way I look at it now days. If you truly love Fishing and the Outdoors, catching is just a bonus!

No more reports from me this year, got called home early because of an emergency.

Take care,
pescador

Pescador
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:30 pm

i was not unhappy with the fishing at aguamilpa. with ultralight 5' ,2 3/8 oz. composite rod and mitchel 909 spinning reel. every fish i caught and/or had on was fun. i even broke down and went with 6 lb. test instead of my normal 4. lots of snagging was happening as i anticipated. i used diving rapala type lures. sunfan , his buddy bob from tranna[etobicoke] and me had a hat trick at one point in san blas and that's probly because we're 20 percenters[20% of fishermen catch 80% of the fish dontcha know.-SNORK!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:33 pm

some pics:
Aguamilpa & San Blas fishing report Aguami12
Aguamilpa & San Blas fishing report Aguami13
Aguamilpa & San Blas fishing report Aguami14
Aguamilpa & San Blas fishing report Aguami15
Aguamilpa & San Blas fishing report Aguami16
Aguamilpa & San Blas fishing report Aguami17
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:39 pm

Pedro wrote:some pics:

Aguamilpa & San Blas fishing report Aguami14
Cute pic!

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:00 pm

This forum is for fishers...not stoners. lol! lol! lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:27 pm

slainte39 wrote:This forum is for fishers...not stoners. lol! lol! lol!
we ain't stoners but we got glassy eyed-SNORK!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:15 pm

Pedro wrote:
slainte39 wrote:This forum is for fishers...not stoners. lol! lol! lol!
we ain't stoners but we got glassy eyed-SNORK!

Good on ya!!  I'm sure you guys had a good time, dang it, and "saludos" from all the "green-eyed people"   Beer

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:51 pm

NO Group Photo's ? Aguamilpa & San Blas fishing report 477249 
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:54 pm

we dint get mikey is all. 6 outta 7 ain't bad. a good looking waitress and some of the guides as auxiliaries.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:49 am

Here are a couple of big ones that got away.........

Aguamilpa & San Blas fishing report Img_2110

Aguamilpa & San Blas fishing report Img_2111
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunFan Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:20 pm

I thought Pedro said he got two of those on his ultra light!

SunFan
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:51 pm

too bad youse guys dint keep any toros/jacks. skinned it, fried it in butter,hy's seasoned salt,garlic powder in a cast iron frying pan. the flesh went from dark red to white and dint taste fishy. moral:don't lissen ta negative until try it. ya skin it,ya get rid of blood and fat.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:27 pm

SunFan wrote:Agua Milpa: 15 Bass over two days for me but only 3 you might want to take home (> 3 lbs.). Normally I'd expect 20 to 30 fish per day with most in the 2  to 4 lb. class

San Blass: In one day, out about 15 kms, three of us caught 9 Bull (Torro) fish (not very good eating), a Mackerel, a Bonita and a Pompano (SP). Water was amazingly calm. San Blass was a fun little town.

Great little (4 rooms) hotel at Connie Bungalows in San Blass - newly refurbished, immaculate, kitchenette, pool, patio, off street parking, amiable host Tomas.

Like any good golfer, despite fishing disappointments, I'll probably  be out there again flailing away.

Now if only I could find that picture of Pedro with the twelve, 9 pound large mouth Bass he told us he caught!!!

SunFan

George, Just saw this and have a question........WHO consumed the most TEQUILA?  Shit stirring 
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:34 pm

I think mi amigo, Ken, won that award.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:12 pm

Perfect! Happy to see I have been replaced by a PRO.........LMAO
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunFan Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:53 pm

Ken???? Not even close.

Pedro went though two 40 ounce bottles. I think he actually died five or six years ago and he's just preserved with a few brain cells still sparking!

Is that bloody BSA working again finally???? and when is the next ultra light fishing trip????

SunFan
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:26 pm

SunFan wrote:Ken???? Not even close.

Pedro went though two 40 ounce bottles. I think he actually died  five or six years ago and he's just preserved with a few brain cells still sparking!

Is that bloody BSA working again finally????  and when is the next ultra light fishing trip????

SunFan

Say it ain't so George.....I'm the tequila pro.   Now I gotta get back for another trip to Agua Milpa.....Hope the Chemo works......to regain the title!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:58 pm

You will always be the king Jim, however we haven't retired your jersey yet. Get on down here for another run at Billy Bass.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down