INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Water bill

+20
artesialulu
brigitte
zenwoodle
Lady Otter Latté
CheenaGringo
Grizzy
SunshineyDay
slainte39
Zedinmexico
Jerry00
Gamina
Mainecoons
arbon
Pedro
hickton
R1100RT
Kiri
MexicoPete
CanuckBob
David
24 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Water bill Empty Water bill

Post by David Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:31 pm

Can anyone tell much how much the water bills have incresed for Ajijic?
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Water bill Empty Re: Water bill

Post by CanuckBob Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:50 pm

Last year mine was $3856.00 MXN and this year it was 4067.00 MXN so about 9%.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:04 pm

Remember that more and more customers are getting water meters. In my neighborhood in Ajijic, some of us received them in 2008.  Several years ago when visiting the SIMAPA offices I was told that they hoped to have water meters installed on most of their customers very soon. (They refused to explain "very soon").

I'm betting that lack of funding is slowing down the process.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:38 pm

So what was your 2014 bill with the water meter?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:40 pm

I'm up north so I can not check what the charge is per cubic meter for the first increment. So I do not know. I will be back in several weeks and will be able to check at that time. In my case the 15% discount for early payment, only applied so a small portion of my bill. Therefore my total discount has been between 2 and 3%.

Intercasa posted a different interpretation of the law for early payment than was explained to me by the SIMAPA bookkeepers who tried to charge me for paying early, so once I  get back and visit the Ajijic Simapa office, I shall gather the data and bring it to Intercasa, for his help if necessary .

But I am charged per actual cubic meter consumed, as read on my water meter.  Not a formula based upon the number of toilets, square meters or land etc. that those are charged who do not have water meters.

One thing for sure. With that darn water meter, I try to use as little water as possible. I am much more careful about wasting water than I was before they installed meters in parts of my neighborhood in 2008.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Water bill Empty Posted Simapa Rates

Post by Kiri Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:15 am

I can't manage to get on the Simapa site to get the Posted Simapa Rates tier system. Anyone else have better luck?

Simapa.gob.mx

Thanks in advance...
Kiri
Kiri
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by R1100RT Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:15 am

Kiri wrote:I can't manage to get on the Simapa site to get the Posted Simapa Rates tier system. Anyone else have better luck?

Simapa.gob.mx

Thanks in advance...
http://www.simapag.gob.mx/

R1100RT

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:53 pm

Good news. Intercasa, of course was correct. I don't know why several years ago I many of us gringo foreign users weren't offered a 15% discount for paying a year in advance, I know what they said to me and others for the 2012 year, but it's not what they are doing this year.

I am lead to believe. Just like Intercasa said, that should I pay early, before the end of Feb. I will receive a full 15% discount based upon my 2013 bill.

They did not explain how much the rates charged per cubic meter changed between last year and this year.

And on another matter apparently they have only installed slightly more than 250 meters in the Ajijic Simapa water zone, which isn't that many.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hickton Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:55 am

R1100RT wrote:
Kiri wrote:I can't manage to get on the Simapa site to get the Posted Simapa Rates tier system. Anyone else have better luck?

Simapa.gob.mx

Thanks in advance...
http://www.simapag.gob.mx/

i cant get this to work either.. there must be a simple formula to calculate the bill, i have a meter and is in m3. anyone know?

hickton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:20 am

2013-$1853p
2014-$2102p
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:54 am

Pedro wrote:2013-$1853p
2014-$2102p

¿Do you have to cross the road to pay your water bill?
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Humour

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:55 am

arbon wrote:
Pedro wrote:2013-$1853p
2014-$2102p

¿Do you have to cross the road to pay your water bill?

just a quote test.
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Humour

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:52 pm

MexicoPete wrote:I'm up north so I can not check what the charge is per cubic meter for the first increment. So I do not know. I will be back in several weeks and will be able to check at that time. In my case the 15% discount for early payment, only applied so a small portion of my bill. Therefore my total discount has been between 2 and 3%.

Intercasa posted a different interpretation of the law for early payment than was explained to me by the SIMAPA bookkeepers who tried to charge me for paying early, so once I  get back and visit the Ajijic Simapa office, I shall gather the data and bring it to Intercasa, for his help if necessary .

But I am charged per actual cubic meter consumed, as read on my water meter.  Not a formula based upon the number of toilets, square meters or land etc. that those are charged who do not have water meters.

One thing for sure. With that darn water meter, I try to use as little water as possible. I am much more careful about wasting water than I was before they installed meters in parts of my neighborhood in 2008.

So did your water cost go up when you were switched to metering from flat rate? Any guess as to how much percentage wise?

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:02 pm

Gosh, I wish my water was as cheap when I lived in the States.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry00 Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:22 am

Yes but you could drink it

Jerry00
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:29 am

The water folks are in a catch 22 they need the meters for revenue but don't have the revenue to buy the meters. They have trouble paying for electricity for the pumps. New fearless leader is trying to fix things and modernize but again no money.  For you folks who wish for US water prices don't.  Many places now pay more than 100/mo. Water has gone up dramatically in US.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:01 am

Mainecoons wrote:
MexicoPete wrote:I'm up north....................................., I try to use as little water as possible. I am much more careful about wasting water than I was before they installed meters in parts of my neighborhood in 2008.

So did your water cost go up when you were switched to metering from flat rate?  Any guess as to how much percentage wise?

Remember this happened in 2008. But because I tried to use as little water as possible, I have no recollection that there was an abnormal increase.   Sorry I can not be more helpful.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:42 am

There are generally two sources of water, SIMAPA and private wells such as those regulated by fraccs. etc. Contamination with illness causing bacteria is rare in deep wells and, therefore, potable. You should clean your tinacos once a year and throw in some clorox for good measurable. Same if you have an aljibe. If in doubt go to a lab and get details for obtaining a culture from your tap. Then you will know. At least here we can breathe the air.

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:58 am

Agreed Oso!  The water from the Simapa or any deep well is OK and potable...the problem, if any, is in the distribution system.
Your advice is spot on.
I have been drinking unfiltered Simapa or municipal water locally for almost 40 years but am familiar with the routing of the tuberia from the well to my house.
PVC is the most resistant to contamination.
The labs by Maskaras clinic will do water tests (sent to Guad.) if you get the proper receptacle.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:57 am

the trouble in our barrio is that the pipes are old and the only pvc is in the repairs after one of the frequent breaks. our tap water has a lot of junk and sand in it. you can see it when you fill the dog dish and i have to periodically take the screen filter outta the washing machine.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:04 am

Perhaps a filtering system would solve your sand problems and save on your plumbing fixtures.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:50 am

most of the pipes in this house are from the 40's or 50's and the junk only poses an esthetic visual problem. probly not worth the dineros to do a major filter system. we had state of the art on our well in canada and that was worth about 4 grand. fortunately our plumber was one of my antique customers and we did a trade. my out of pocket cost was under 1000.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:34 am

Is a shortage of water a common problem in Riberas? We are thinking about buying below Mirasol? Are there water charges monthly and is it on municipal sewer?

Thanks

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzy Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:48 pm

Riberas water can be sandy and silty. My pipe from the street was clogged and it took Simapa 8 days to come over and clear it. A five minute job. This is the first issue I have had with water here and I understand pipes get clogged from various thing. I would ask the home owners about the water and if there is a diltrarion system ask how often they change the filters. I have to do mine monthly.
Grizzy
Grizzy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : mandatory

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:59 pm

Water is not cheap here if you have a full treatment system that brings it up to the standards of both purity and pressure of what is delivered to your house NOB.  Water treatment alone at our house costs $30 per month and our SIMAPA bill has risen to over $800.  That doesn't include the electricity to pump it which I am now providing with a solar system.  I would estimate that the capital cost portion of the solar system required for this function alone would equal at least $3,000 U.S.

I will say that the reliability and cleanliness of the water has improved markedly over the last 6 years.  When we first moved here, the water was off pretty much every day.  Now it is on almost all the time.
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next